The HotelConnect Team have put together some top tips to help you to successfully manage your page:
- Check that your page is set-up as a business and not listed under a personal account
- Be sure to create a vanity url e.g. http://facebook.com/HotelName
- Promote the location of your hotel and claim your Facebook Places page
- Utilise all marketing communications to build your fan base e.g. surveys, newsletter and website
- Generate relevant and inspiring content that engages your followers and supports organic growth of quality fans
- Reward your fans with exclusive Facebook offers and promotions
It is also beneficial to set clear and measurable objectives, such as:
- Grow your page by x number of fans in the next 6 months
- Generate x% of engagement on every post e.g. no of likes per post
- Deliver x number of visits to your hotel website via the Facebook Business page
- Drive x% of direct sales in room nights
The recently launched Facebook Dynamic Adverts for Travel, enables hoteliers to target Facebook users with real-time pricing and availability based on when and where they would like to travel. It also offers cross-sell opportunity as users can be targeted with a relevant hotel option based on their flight searches or booking preferences. Ads can be targeted at individuals looking for a specific date, destination and other information related to their trip.
This latest development, brings a fresh approach to social media ad targeting. Perhaps, now is the time for independent hotels to re-examine how Facebook can support the sales and marketing of its hotel inventory.
At HotelConnect our hotel websites are engineered to convert visitors into hotel guests. They are designed and developed to deliver exceptional user experience and emotional impact on any device. Please contact us if you would like to talk to a HotelConnect Expert about anything discussed in this blog or how we can help your hotel to drive revenue and make more direct bookings.